How To Adjust Settings On A Guitar Amplifier

How To Adjust Settings On A Guitar Amplifier

How To Adjust Settings On A Guitar Amplifier
DONATIONS:

MORE LESSONS:

Andrew Wasson of Creative Guitar Studio answers a viewers question…

Q: I would like to ask you how to set up amplifiers for different purposes. I use a Fender Stratocaster and an Epiphone hollow body electric guitar I use a Fender Deluxe 50 Watts all tube amp. I also have a Line 6 POD which I use for effects. Can you explain to me how to approach setting my amp bass, treble, middle, presence, master levels.

1). In order to get a clean bright jazzy sound like George
Benson, or Wes Montgomery with my Epiphone?

2). To get a clean country style rhythm sound with my
Stratocaster?

3). To get a distorted or overdrive sound for a guitar solo
similar to; for example Foreigner, or David Gilmore?

4). Also would be interested in other sounds such as metal.
– Thanks,
David, Queens NY.

A: Pursuing sounds between; amps, guitars and effects units can be a long and often frustrating journey. And, just when you think you’ve got that perfect sound at home… You’ll get to the gig and your amp could mysteriously sound terrible. In this video I will discuss various common settings for; Country, Jazz, Rock and Metal.

The complete lesson article for this video will be available on the Creative Guitar Studio website shortly. Follow me on Twitter for lesson posting announcements:

____________________________________

Andrew’s Official Q & A Guitar Blog Website:

Andrew’s “Video GuitarBlog” YouTube Channel:

The Creative Guitar Studio Website:

Follow Andrew on Blogspot:

Follow on Twitter for new lesson announcements:

MySpace:

Facebook:

_____________________________________

12 responses to “How To Adjust Settings On A Guitar Amplifier”

1. 5959Mikee says:

Quick Jazz tone…on a solid body strat. Neck pickup and turn the tone knob just about all the way down.

2. Ken Yamamoto says:

Mr. Bean can play the guitar.

3. art gillespie says:

I really enjoyed your video. I have a question. I am having a problem when playing live. i have a deluxe reverb, which is powerful enough for the gig, but when I need more volume and have to turn it up I lose my smooth overdrive or distortion tones from my pedal board. I have it set up at lower volumes to get a smooth tone with lots of sustain. But the more I turn the amp volume up the more that smooth sustain and overdrive go away. I hate that sound. Is there any way to resolve it?

4. Hayden DiSisto says:

are lows mids and highs the same as bass middle and treble on orange amps?

5. Dabbler's Buffet says:

Does the type of amp you have play another part in guitar tone? I have a practice amp which is a Fender Frontman 10G (10 watts) and I’m considering getting a Fender Champion 40 (40 watts.)
    I don’t have a tube amp like the one you have in the video here.

6. Niranjan Kumar says:

omg… that metal tone rocks 😍😍😍

7. Vincent Santiago says:

Hi you have Gk3 on your so can you do a YouTube video on Roland vg99 slowly showing how to get a clean sounds and dirty sound too

8. Angel Martinez says:

Hey this is awesome informative video. Do they make this amp? Your guitar and playing is outstanding. What kind of Fender Strat guitar is that? Are those pickups stock?

9. Angel Martinez says:

Oh I forgot to ask what is that black device attached to the saddle of your guitar?

10. Baba Emir Kojo Ksasan Lewis says:

Yes very highly informative. I have a Zoom B91ut bass effects pedal I would like to use with my guitars, and basses. Can you do a totorial like break down to help with it’s learning curve?

11. Game Derps says:

All my amp has is volume, low, and high.

12. Barry O' Sullivan says:

This dude is an absolute champ